I absolutely adore pudding. I like the way it feels rolling around on my tongue; but when I know I'm getting highly absorbable protein from my pudding, its all the better. You see not that long ago I was like many people... I ate meat to get my protein needs. I ate a lot of it. I didn't get enough fiber and I certainly didn't feel light on my feet. How could I with a charred carcass fermenting inside me? I guess I'm getting I little off track... the point is, Protein Pudding from vegan sources make you feel good. One of my many favorite Protein Pudding recipes is made very simply with ground chia seed and hemp seed. I add a little nut milk and some other tasty super foods and I'm there.

If you're not super convinced the protein from hemp and chia can do you right, listen to this... hemp seeds with 35% protein, have more grams of protein per serving than beef! Beef only has 8.8 grams per 1oz serving. Hemp seeds have 11 grams of protein for a 1oz serving! Chia seeds have 7 grams of protein for a 1 oz serving, which is still pretty darn good. I've not even mentioned how these two little seeds are a powerhouse of minerals, EFA's and vitamins...there is a lot to cover on that..so I'll save it for another article; for now just know the protein in hemp seed especially is unmatched. One more little side line for the meat eaters out there (Now I'm not saying stop eating it.) Please just beware of the recent discoveries in chemicals changes--reactions that happen when meat is cooked and from their make your own choice. So check it out--It's a fact that cooking meat makes that meat less digestible and raises the carcinogens. AKA cancer causing agents. The National Cancer Institute says this,"Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, and poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame." All I'm saying is read up, check it out and make informed choices when cooking the carcass.:)

Now for the Scrumptious High Protein Pudding Recipe: (which happens to be vegan)

3 TBS ground hempseed (Nutiva is my favorite brand)
2 TBS ground chia seed (Nutiva is my fav.)
1 TBS Acai powder (optional)
1-2 TBS Cacao or Chocolate or Carob Powder
8 oz Almond Milk
1-3 tsp of honey or agave

Directions:

Grind Chia seeds in (Vita-mix is best) or blender then set aside in a small bowl
Grind hemp seeds and leave them in the blender. Dump the chia seeds back in. Now toss in the acai powder and chocolate ( or cacao or carob powder). Pour in the almond milk. Add the agave (or honey). Give it a quick pulse and let it sit either in the blender or if you will be serving to guesses pour the mixture into a cool little bowl. Vwola! High Protein Pudding!

24.8 grams of protein for 8oz of pudding

Hemp Foods For Me You & Suzie Q
By Karmiin Germane 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.